Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Salad

Yesterday my cousin Kate came over to hang out with Little I and me.  Kate lives in Brooklyn, NY and is one of the coolest people I know.  Kate is a singer/nurse-to-be and performs with her band The Tickled Pinks.





Kate and I awhile ago
























Kate came for lunch so I made this lovely summer salad.  It was inspired by Stelabird's random facts post.  She talked about putting cucumbers in a bowl with lemons and salt.  It sounded so simple and delicious!

and then I added a couple of ingredients:














 


















How to make a Lovely Summer Salad:


-1 cucumber (peeled and cut into small-medium slices)
-6 cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
-1 Lemon
-1 ripe avocado (cut into slices)
- A pinch of salt (add as much as you want)


This is what you do (it is soooo simple!)

-Throw your tossed veggies into a cute bowl (white always makes food look pretty!)
-Squeeze your lemon all over the veggies (use the whole lemon or just half depending on how much you love lemon)
-Toss in the salt
-Mix with clean hands
-Presto!  You got yourselves a lovely summer salad.

P.S.  I also put a couple of black beans into the salad for some contrast and some protein.  I didn't get a chance to take a picture.  You could put anything else you wanted in like chick peas, pinto beans, asparagus, corn....oh my....there are so many possibilities!


This would also be a perfect salad to make if you are going to a 4th of July party!


Well have a great day, I am off to hang out with Little I!








No comments: