Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Creative Art Ideas for Toddlers

Little I and I have been doing some art! 

Painting on a rock (nature's canvas!)

"Painting" with water on the deck (mess free!)
















































Playing with Play Doh!  So many colors!

















Hello!  Hope your summer is going well!  Mine is flying by.  I can't believe how fast everything is going!  I will be back at work before you know it.

Little I and I have been enjoying our time together.  We have been playing outside, swimming, painting on rocks and paper, sculpting with play dough, playing with baby dolls (her favorite toys) and of course having dance parties!

Little I isn't really allowed to watch t.v. yet (we occasionally watch a Sesame Street episode in the morning) but she was totally captivated to watch this video by Beirut.  It has a sailboat and she calls every sailboat "Dada's boat" because the husband has a small little sailboat. 

Today we went to the zoo and saw her favorite animals which are the elephant and the monkeys.  The husband and I then took her out to dinner and we were happily surprised that she sat in her high chair the entire time and didn't throw food!  Simple pleasures in life!

Tomorrow Little I and I are going to gather some fun supplies for our trip back to the island.  I am planning on staying all of next week there so I want to make sure I am stocked up on art supplies!  I especially want to get more shaving cream and food coloring because the shaving cream paint works so well and the colors are so pretty!  I recently bought bath tub paint for Little I and was very disappointed in the results.  Shaving cream paint (simply shaving cream and food coloring!) works so well!  Another idea I want to try is freezing ice that is dyed with food coloring and then have Little I "paint" with it.  As it melts it creates a painting!  Usually the best toys are the most simple don't you think?

So that is my summer, nothing too exciting but relaxing!  What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

painting with water sounds perfect for me as do your summer days together.