Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Handmade Christmas Presents

Hello!  I just wanted to post my newest artwork that I made for my best friend's twin boys!  They are about 8 weeks old and as precious as can be!  They are half Kenyan so I wanted to incorporate some of their African heritage into this artwork:

This is how I started the artwork.  I hand- painted all of my papers and my canvas and then began to cut out my shapes and patterns.  

Here is my end result:


 "Harambee" is a Kenyan tradition of community self-help events and literally in Swahili means "all pull together." It is the official motto of Kenya and is also located on their coat of arms.

I am going to give this to my friend today and hope she likes it!  She doesn't have time to go online anymore so I know she won't see this blogpost:)



I am STILL waiting for this little lady to come!  It is almost hilarious all of the things I am trying to do to get her to come.  I ate almost a can of pineapple yesterday, a really spicy pepper, Mexican food, tons of raspberry tea and I have been walking on the treadmill everyday!  Any other suggestions to get this little lady to come?!  Well have a great day!  I will post soon:)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

the painting is really beautiful and something to be treasured for a lifetime. you're cute with your labor-inducing antics. good luck, but don't 'push' them too far ;). before you know it you'll be up all night!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

The twins are going to love their giraffe paintings for years to come and I do love a giraffe.

Hmm isn't spicy food supposed to shake things up? or a warm bath?

I did hear if your tummy tickles when the baby is in the tummy that means baby is going to come out with a full head of hair.

Michelle Brunner said...

Cindy,

I know I should just enjoy my time now before she comes because I will have no sleep for a long time!

Erika,

I will have to try a warm bath...excellent suggestion! I know there is no way my child will have hair for at least a year! I was such a bald baby!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

I had a mullet for ages 2-4 because of my lack of hair growth. :)lol