Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Monochromatic Underpainting Video




Happy Tuesday! I just wanted to post a video I made on painting a monochromatic underpainting. It is kind of long...a little over 9 minutes...I really need to work on cropping video footage! I am pretty new to making videos using my mac but am working on it!

I have also made some follow up videos for this landscape painting and hope to upload those soon.

I am also including the finished painting that I completed from these videos.

Thanks for watching, I appreciate it! Any feedback would be great!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

i just watched your entire video and it is wonderful! i understand a lot more about the underpainting stage and loved watching you create it. actually, it looked nice at that point. while you were painting i was looking at the two photos to see where you were going, which was very helpful. i'm also happy that you did it from beginning to end with no stops.

the only thing you might mention next time is the definition of values. i'm looking foward to the next step.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Wow! That is so great your doing you tube videos. I have never really taken any painting classes but I really loved the details and the quick pointers for the depth of the painting. I can't wait to see the next one! So you have to post it.