Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hello Summer Solstice!

Painting of a Michigan City Sunset completed in acrylic


















Apparently today is the summer solstice for us here in the northern hemisphere.  Hooray!  The longest day of the year:)  Don't you just love how it stays so light out until like 9:30 at night?  Since little "I" gets up around 6 everyday it is equally as nice to have it so light out in the morning as well.  So what are your plans for today to celebrate the summer solstice?

Here are my plans that I hope I can do:

1.  Go for a run with Little "I". 
2.  PAINT.....anything.  It is really hard doing artwork with a little 6 month year old.  I have a feeling my painting will last about 10 minutes but that is ok as long as I get some painting done!  I have a feeling I will be bringing back my 10 minute sketches which are super fun!
3.  Organize art supplies and clothes.  For some reason these are the two items that never seem to stay organized!  I need my supplies and clothes to be organized like this!
4.  Listen to Little "I"'s favorite singer Elizabeth Mitchell.  Our favorite CD is You Are My Little Bird.  Seriously awesome music for kids and grown ups:)

Well have a lovely summer solstice day!

1 comment:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Michelle how your work has grown :) Love love!