Sunday, July 26, 2009
Today the husband and I are going to be relaxing and getting ready for a crazy week tomorrow. A lot of life changing events are taking place in our household and it can be very stressful at times!
I am quite notorious for getting overly stressed out and my husband is very laid back. We compliment each other in that respect...er...maybe he just compliments me and helps me chill out!
When I get stressed out, this is what helps me relax:
1. Light a candle and put on Madeleine Peyroux or Norah Jones (the Norah Jones channel on pandora is amazing!)
2. I go running...I find this helps a lot especially if I have a great mix on my ipod.
3. Paint/draw...anything...mix colors, collage things, anything that is fun!
4. Read something mindless....like fashion magazines and home decorating magazines...oh and those chick lit books make me smile as well!
5. Chocolate...yep...no way around it. I prefer my chocolate with a big mug of coffee...this usually leads to numerous amounts of chocolate but oh well...it is only to help with the destressing process!
6. Writing letters to friends and family...something therapeutic about letter writing (not email...actual letters!) I have such a thing for pretty stationary also!
7. Shop...this is one I am going to need to stop! I adore shopping...online or in person!
8. Calling my mom. She totally helps me chill out and put things into perspective!
9. Hanging out with Mr. Jack Henry. He is my little dog and sidekick. He follows me wherever I go:)
10.Blogging! Yes, I love to blog! It helps me relax and I love reading other blogs...so fun...and addicting!
So what helps you relax?